Scheduled Project Dates: May 9 – May 27, 2011
This free, large-item curbside pickup and drop-off site for residences within the Arvada City limits is intended to assist citizens with the removal of large bulk items that trash companies charge extra to collect.
Eligible items for curbside pickup include:
* Furniture including mattresses
* Interior fixtures: carpeting, sinks, toilets, bathtubs
* Exterior items: gas grills (no propane bottles) fencing, lumber, drywall, railroad ties and lawn edging
Appliances and other metal items require an appointment:
* Metal Recycling Company, 720-934-8486 will collect appliances (stoves, ovens, dishwashers, water heaters, refrigerators) and anything metal. This does require an appointment, but is a free service year round. Please call the Metal Recycling Company directly.
Free drop-off of large items for residences within the Arvada limits at the below location and times
* Drop off site: Wadsworth Streets Facility, 6161 Olde Wadsworth Blvd.
* Times: 7:00 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday, May 9 – Saturday, May 28
* Tires ( 4 max ), bicycles, lawn mowers, car parts ( no engines ), and metal items. These items will be recycled if possible.
Items We Will NOT Take:
* Regular garbage that your trash company will accept
* Trees, branches, or shrubs
* Construction materials: dirt, brick, rock, concrete, asphalt, roofing materials
* Electronics: TVs, microwaves, computers
* Household chemicals: paint, oil, fuel tanks, batteries, propane bottles or closed drums
Why can’t we take these items?
1. This service is not intended to take the place of regular garbage pick up
2. The Contractor will only pick up and dispose of items that can be safely lifted into a trash truck by two workers with a maximum load of 100 lbs.
3. Loose materials cannot be collected.
4. Electronic and hazardous wastes should not be disposed of in landfills. These items need to be recycled or disposed of using alternative means.
Contact the Rooney Road Recycling Center at 151 S. Rooney Road in Golden for the disposal of electronic or hazardous items. Please call 303-316-6262 for information.