Tom “T-Bone” Marks — Candidate for the Arvada Fire Protection District Board
16181 W 74th Ave, Arvada, CO 80007
Thank you for your interest in the Fire Board election and the chance to address the CLRC. Attached are my responses and a picture. If you need anything else or have questions please contact me. Be Safe, and thanks again.
Tom “T-Bone” Marks
[Editor’s note: Mr Marks provided his responses in a PDF format. Our website service, WordPress, does not display PDF files directly. Instead, it provides a link to download the file for viewing on a separate screen. That link is shown here. Also, since the original survey questions were not included in the response, we have copied them again here for easy reference by our readers. –JK]
1. Why are you running for the fire board?
2. What skills do you bring that will help you govern the Arvada Fire District effectively?
3. What are the biggest challenges you see facing the Arvada Fire District?
4. How does the configuration of Ralston Road impact the level of service that the Arvada Fire District can provide?
5. Do you think that the benefits to the community out weighs the costs of having our own ambulance service.
If so please explain the trade-off between the added cost and new services being provided.
If not how will you approach liquidating the Ambulances that were purchased and reducing the Arvada Fire District staff?
6. Did you support the last ballot measure that would have removed term limits for Arvada Fire Board Members?
7. Did you support the 55% mill-levy increase in 2010?